Friday, December 4, 2009

A Wonderful Vacation


Where is the one place you would like to visit? For me, my favorite place to visit is Rome. I would like to spend two weeks in Rome, with the first week touring the city, and I would like to spend the second week just relaxing. I would like to visit the Coloseum, the Vatican City, the ruins, and all the amazing historical places in Rome. I think it is just so fascinating to learn about all the history and then to actually see the historical sites. I would like to wake up early in the morning to get a head start on the day, and I would like to start touring the city right away. I want to see everything. I would be sure to take plenty pictures and to write in a journal everyday, so I will not forget anything. While I am in Rome, I will be sure to eat plenty of gelato because gelato is just amazingly delicious! There are so many tasty flavors. One of my favorite things to do while I am in Rome is to just sit down across from the Coloseum in the afternoon, eat my lunch, and just stare at the Coloseum. I think that structure is the most amazing site I ever seen in my life. No matter how many times I see it, I am always blown away by it. It is just so huge and so fascinating. It was built so many years ago, and it is still standing, which I think is spectacular. If you go to Rome, you should definitely visit the Coloseum. After I am done touring the city, I would like to just enjoy the relaxing atmosphere of Rome. I want to just walk around the city, sit in cafes and people watch, and basically just enjoy the view. The perfect ending to my trip does not exist because I would never want to leave. That being said, hypothetically, the perfect ending to my trip would be to go out to a nice authentic Italian restaurant for dinner, which would be followed by a lovely walk around the city. As I am taking the walk, I will be sure to visit the Trevi Fountain, which is where I will eat my last gelato of the trip, and then I will end the night by viewing the fantastic Coloseum one last time.

In the English language there are four types of sentences: simple, complex, compound, and compound-complex.
-A simple sentence has one subject and one predicate such as, “The dog ran away.”
-A complex sentence is a simple sentence and one or more dependent clauses such as, “If I come late, start without me.”
-A compound sentence contains at least two simple sentences joined by a coordinating conjunction such as, “The dog and cat ran away.”
-A compound-complex sentence is made up of two or more independent clauses and at least one dependent clause such as, “When the teacher assigned the reading for the exam, many students were stunned, but they agreed to study as well as they can.”

Exercise:
Write at least one example for each of the four types of sentences.
1. (Simple Sentence): ________________________________
_______________________________________________

2. (Complex Sentence):________________________________________ _______________________________________________

3. (Compound Sentence):______________________________
_______________________________________________

4. (Compound-Complex Sentence):________________________
_______________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment