Tuesday, December 8, 2009

CMA's


The Country Music Awards were on the other night. Taylor Swift won Entertainer of The Year. I personally did not agree with this win. I thought she deserved all the other awards she won, but not this one. She is only 19 years old and this past year is when she had her first tour, so she does not have that much experience. Yes, I think she is very talented and does put on a great show, however, I think she was just too young to win this award. Being 19, she is the youngest person to ever win this award. The other nominees for this award included Keith Urban, Brad Paisely, Kenny Chesney, and George Strait. Kenney Chesney has won this award four out of the past five years. I have never seen him in person, but I have seen his concerts on TV and I think he is wonderful. I have seen Keith Urban and Brad Paisley in concert and I think they are both amazing performers. If I had to choose I would have liked to see Keith Urban win this award. I mean whatever, it really is not that big of a deal, and I do not really care that much. I wanted to express my opinion.



Vocabulary:

Country Music Awards- this is when country music singers are given all different types of awards depending on how good they sing and perform.


Entertainer of The Year- the person who sings and puts on the best concerts


Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, George Strait- they are all country singers


deserved- if you earned something because of a lot of hard work


award- prize, trophy


past - what happen before


performers - singers


whatever- an American saying


express- to say


opinion- what one believes in


Assignment:

Write about a time you disagreed with the results of a contest and be sure to state why you disagreed.


______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________




No comments:

Post a Comment