Monday, October 12, 2009

Keith Urban!!


pastedGraphic.pdf

Many people do not know who Keith Urban is unless you are a fan of country music. Well, he just happens to be one of my favorite country singers. This past week, I was lucky enough to go to his concert at Madison Square Garden. I went to the concert with my friend and we had floor seats. Our seats were amazing! We were the first section after the standing section. The opening act was a band called Sugarland, who just happens to be quite good. They preformed for a little more than an hour. Then Keith Urban played for almost two and a half hours. It was awesome! However, that is not the best part of the night. What really made this night so spectacular was that I touched Keith Urban. He was walking down the isle to get to the other stage. I reached my hand out along with the other crazy fans, and I touched his right shoulder. Then towards the end of the concert he walked down the same isle, and my friend and I touched his left shoulder. Well, I went bazurk I have never screamed so much in my life. I never thought I would react that way when I saw someone famous. He is just a person after all, but he is a gorgeous, Australian, country singing man, who I love.


Vocabulary:

fan- when you really like something or someone

favorite- when you like it the best, a lot

concert- where a person sings

Madison Square Garden- a place in New York City where there are concerts

floor seats-when you are sitting on the lowest level, not in the stands

section-a specific area, a location

opening act- the band that sings before the main singer, the people who sings first at a concert

Sugarland- the name of a band

quite- very

preformed- to sing

spectacular- fantastic, an]mazing, wonderful, great

isle-a path next to the seats

stage- where the singer sings

crazy- happy, screaming, excited

bazurk- jumping around, screaming, excited, very happy

famous- a person who has a lot of money and everyone knows them (a singer or actor).

gorgeous-very good looking, handsome, cute

Australian-someone from the country Australia



  • This blog was written in the first point of view. This is when the person is telling the story as themselves. I wrote the story using the words I, and we.

Activity:


Directions: Fill in the blanks using the first person point of view.



1. ______________ was watching the game.

(I, they)


2. ______________ ate ice cream for dessert.

(she, we)


3. I can’t believe _____________ ran so fast.

(we, he)


4. _________________ really do not think that is a good idea.

(them, I)


5. Today ___________ have a lot of homework.

(I, she)


  • To learn more about Keith Urban or to hear some of his music visit http://www.keithurban.net/



No comments:

Post a Comment